When selecting a replacement engine for the 350 which was previously in the car, I wanted to balance the power of the engine with the overall application including the transmission and the range of driving applications which best suited my intended usage as a show car, occasional show-off car 😈 yet still acceptable for driving short distances in the city.
We selected the 383 stroker because of the serious torque this model produces using a long, 3.800-inch stroke with 4.000-inch bores to generate exceptional low-end pulling power and surprising high-rpm horsepower.
This is a Street Performance engine designed for optimal performance on the street and the occasional trip down the quarter-mile, with 432 exhilarating horsepower and 472 lb.-ft. of seat-tugging torque.
- Lightweight aluminum cylinder heads based on the proven Fast Burn design
- Large intake runners and 2.00/1.55-inch valves
- Beehive-style valve springs enable great high-rpm performance and durability
- Cast-iron block with four-bolt mains.
- Forged steel crankshaft
- Hydraulic roller camshaft
- High-flow, aluminum intake manifold
- Compression ratio 9.6:1